Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Red. Hardboiled eggs

Yes. Now that is really red on my monitor.

I need this computer-break from the annual aggravation of pretending I can still cook something for a crowd. Every summer I try to make either deviled eggs or potato salad for a picnic.

Every year I have to look up how to boil an egg.

How can someone get to be my age and still not remember the best way to hard boil an egg?

This year I tried the cold-water start, where you bring them to a boil, immediately take them off the heat, let them sit for 25 minutes, and then put them in cold water to stop cooking. This went well. I left them in the fridge overnight.

And then I tried to peel them. Once again this did not go well.

Why don't cookbooks address the peeling trick? Someone must know how to do this.

Pitiful.

Next year they'll get deli-bought potato salad. I give up.

3 comments:

kit said...

Very funny!

kit said...

Red, red with nice backlight are the tulips.

chatterbox said...

I loved your salad. It was yummy. Hey, we're cyclists. It only has to taste good - not look pretty!