Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Friday, August 17, 2007

All packed...

...and that took about five minutes (which two jerseys?).

Judy & I drove two cars to Monterey today, left mine there for us to pick up after riding down the coast, had a great hamburger in Seaside, and then drove the other car back up Highway 1, watching flock after flock of pelicans just offshore heading southeast for the evening. They're smart about wind direction, just like (most) cyclists - there were whitecaps on the sea, strong wind out of the west - I often wish I had a spinnaker for my bike to carry me down the coast on that wind.

We plan to kick back and relax a bit more on this trip, not just ride, ride, ride. Not sure how far south we'll go, taking day-rides from different spots. This was the first day without morning fog - not even out at sea - that I've seen in weeks.

Should I hit an internet cafe I will send an update along the way, make you jealous.

Photo: Pigeon Point Lighthouse, with my old Bike Friday - Houses just outside the frame are youth hostels, 56 miles from my house by bicycle - first we have artichoke soup at Duarte's Tavern in Pescadero, ride 7 more miles, shower and then soak in the hot tub over the sea while sea otters, sea lions, pelicans, etc., entertain us as the sun goes down. Yep, this is the life.

No comments: