Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Friday, September 28, 2007

...and it's over

Tokyo - Ice skater (scarecrow contest)

I've been home since yesterday and have been sleepy and/or grumpy ever since.

None of my photos interest me very much (huge disappointment) and I'm wondering why I took my big camera when, clearly, a throw-away would have probably done a better job.

My 200 GB hard drive is already full after only a few months and I don't feel like dealing with it.

Today I put my Bike Friday back together and sorted all the pamphlets and brochures I picked up along the way. One folder each for Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto and Nara. Lots of shrines and temples and rock gardens. Each more beautiful than the last until my head was swimming.

I worked on a few images from the first day of cycling along the Arakawa River with the Folding Bike & Recumbent Clubs of Tokyo, about 33 local cyclists. More on the generosity of the Japanese cycling community later, after I've caught up with myself and quit being grumpy.

This evening, after rush hour, I drove to the east bay to get Sibyl. She bit my thumb when I touched her treat and I put a Japanese band-aid on it. (Japanese gift-giving is another thing I'll write about later).

The food was so plentiful and outrageously wonderful that I put on x-pounds that I must now lose before my major high school reunion in two weeks. Ha! Fat chance.

Post trip blues?

1 comment:

velogirl said...

welcome home! I'm feeling fat and grumpy too.