Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, October 21, 2007

and Sunday

Tom Carter in Siberia (his photo)
I was going to get up early and ride to Candlestick Point to watch and photograph the cyclocross races, but I slept too late and then I decided to have another proofing go-round with Tom's China text, which I've been reading for him. He's been backpacking for three-plus years into all 33 provinces, taking amazing photographs along the way - his book is coming out very soon. I keep forgetting to ask, but I think he's now in Hong Kong working on it. (I later learned he's back in Beijing.)

Jill packing for trip to Portland
After lunch I decided to drive to the afternoon races and wait there for Jill to call for me to pick her up at the airport. I'm glad now that I didn't try to get there by bike - it's off the beaten track and I'm not sure of the route outside of taking the freeway.

Well, Candlestick Point was visually uninteresting as a photographic background and I think maybe I'm done trying to get good action shots (not exactly my interest, anyway) and only Lauren was in pink today, though I saw old teammates who have moved on and I took their pix, too. Lots of changes.

Lauren in and on pink
And it was freakishly hot and I was wearing heavy clothes. My house has been in the high 70s every day, even on the days it rained last week. It's October, right?

. . .took care of e-mails and made a new gallery on pbase and fixed dinner and watched a bit of t.v. and now I have to do the reading for class in the morning.

A good Sunday. It would have been even better if I'd been out riding my ass off instead of (mostly) sitting on it.

2 comments:

chatterbox said...

Jackie,

I'm glad you could make it to cheer on the girls in pink. I believe Jenny F. was also in pink at the morning races.

Rick and I were at a friend's 40th b-day on Sunday, so we missed out on all the fun.

lauren said...

good to see you! your pics came out great.

and yes, it was hot! weird weather.