Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sculptures along the way


This hot Indian summer is just too good not to take advantage of and so I hopped on my road bike meaning to ride from home to Tiburon and back - about 60 miles.


I didn't leave the house until after 10:00, and within three miles I had to stop and use my camera, which I often take along because you never know in this town what you'll run into, and what I ran into was the removal of the ugly sculptures near the Ferry Building. (See earlier post "Really Ugly, HUGE Sculptures.")

YES!


(They will be replaced by a spider.
I can hardly wait.)


And I also saw this woman in her matching tights and helmet cover. I said, You must have made your matching tights and helmet cover, and she said, Oh yes, it's the only way to get what I want.


When I looked across the Embarcadero I noticed this sneaky rooftop sculpture; I can't tell for sure what it is, but I think it's a chef with twinkly lights strung around him.

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful and, other than stopping in Mill Valley for a banana and at Mike's Bikes for some gloves, I rode fast and hard and it felt really good.

But I always did want a shot at the giant red exclamation point! in Mill Valley - and just because I like the little girl climbing up on it, the Strauss statue at the bridge.


Yeah, boring. But that was my day. Now it's over 80 in my house and I'm dying. But when I think of what's going on down south with the wild fires, I won't complain.

No comments: