Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Friday, October 12, 2007

Two rainy days


O.K., that's enough. Two days with rain this week and I'm ready for this season to be over. (Well, Wednesday was not even half a day, but today it has not stopped.)

. . .I'm bored. I have the pre-high school-reunion blahs. I've been looking at old yearbooks. Scary. Very scary. I think I've improved with age; for sure my life has.

In Kyoto we got caught in a downpour near the end of a day spent riding from one wondrous site/sight (they're both right) to another and stood inside a doorway waiting for it to quit. This did not stop cyclists who whipped out their clear umbrellas and kept on their way.


On another day I was wandering around a major temple's grounds when it began to rain; the tame deer didn't seem fazed, but they didn't smell very nice, either. Wet dog, only worse.

. . .I don't know if many people I knew will be at this reunion tomorrow. I don't know what "casual dress" means. I don't know how to make small talk at parties. No one else will be there solo. I signed up for this nearly a year ago when I was in a good mood. . . .now, I'm not.


It just quit raining.



No comments: