Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Monday, November 12, 2007

End of term

Today was the last day of classes until January, and I'm sorry not to have that focus (or distraction), but as the winter begins and the weather makes it harder to run away on my bike as often, I will eventually buckle down to useful work. There's a comforting aspect to this cycle of seasons, albeit only our mild western seasons.

I never take courses that tax me very much (and at the Fromm, I don't think one ever actually gets "taxed"). I toy with the idea, from time to time, of doing something more difficult or ambitious.

Jane, Janet & Leah
It's been good to make new friends. For too many years all I knew were medical people and it got to the point where I couldn't talk except in fragments - like family members we read each other's minds, speaking in shorthand.

And I took my camera today because the light coming into the library reading room has been mesmerizing me for a long time.

1 comment:

velogirl said...

that's a fabulous photo!