Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Truth at U.N. Plaza. Boots


Kaethe and I walked what seemed like many miles today, had lunch inside the Safeway (!) on Sloat, she made copies of a snow scene around their Pennsylvania home to send on greeting cards at Kinko's, I bought cheap sneakers to walk the miles back to her house because the boots I hoped would work, won't, and when I got home I started trying to repeat some Photoshop processes I learned last week and one works, the other doesn't. Back to the drawing board.

I need good walking boots for Paris because this time I won't have my bike; this time I will be trudging around the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre, poor me. Tomorrow: R.E.I. Then, of course, I'll have to do an in-house hike, make sure they'll work.

Or, maybe I'll just take my nearly 30-year old Aunt Nonie boots. (My Aunt Nonie gave me birthday money one year and I bought hiking boots at the North Face factory store.) I love those boots, but they're really worn out. I got her money's worth.

No comments: