Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Between squalls


In an hour I'll be braving the Bay Bridge to take Sibyl to birdie camp (boarder's). She's already asleep in her little travel cage.

I forgot how much time there is in a day when you don't have anywhere to be - the rain canceled my weekend rides. I'm actually relaxed, ready to leave for Paris a day early. Maybe I'll go to a movie tomorrow instead of working old images. I haven't had the camera out all week and that seems just fine.

The poinsettia tree, yes, it's a full-fledged tree size, made it through yesterday's storm. It was pretty exciting here, but since our power didn't go out, I think my neighborhood was lucky. There's much debris from the jacaranda tree next door, and two discarded X-mas trees wound up at my front gate, but otherwise, I don't see any damage.

Today's thunder was momentarily exciting, but I think the worst is over - for now.

1 comment:

chatterbox said...

aur revior (who knows if I spelled that right?) Have a great time. Post lots of photos for us!