Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fragments


I spent way too much time figuring out how to put audiobooks onto my iPod, to have for the long flight here.  I was pretty sure I wouldn't really listen to them.  I don't think I'm a good listener.  My mind wanders.
So I pretty quickly lost track of what I was listening to, said the heck with it and put my music on shuffle.  Ha ha, book chapters are the same as songs.  I'd listen to Monk, then a random book chapter, Davis, another chapter, Bach, another.  This amused me all night.  I consider it the perfect way to read a book, not unlike a jigsaw puzzle, fitting the pieces of two separate books together to form something all my own.
I'm going to go for a walk in the neighborhood after I finish my coffee.  It looks like rain.

1 comment:

velogirl said...

I get crazy when my christmas music shuffles in (when it's not christmas). I can't imagine book chapters.