Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sunny Saturday

The sky was blue and the sun shining for a nice change today.  Once on the right bank, it was my turn to decide where to ride - and since I never know where I am, an adventure (of sorts) was guaranteed.  
Somehow I got us to an imposing building, one I'd never seen before, Palais Garnier (Opera de Paris) and we stopped to look at it.  I liked the row of street lamps and wanted to try to photograph them, knowing I couldn't get them lined up in a row - no way to get the right vantage point for it - but we locked up the bikes and I had a go at it, anyway.
  Afterwards, I headed us up and away from traffic, stopping again at this Art Nouveau Metro entrance, with Sacre Coeur in the background.  I thought a photo of me in my new orange helmet was needed for this blog, so DB obliged, using my camera.
 
And then, still riding up hill, winding around on the narrow, cobblestoned streets of Montmarte, we made it to the top, to Sacre Coeur, where the tourists were enjoying this beautiful Saturday.  But we didn't feel the need to take more photos - it's been done.

Riding back to Montparnasse in Saturday traffic was perhaps less fun, but not for me, I like it all.

2 comments:

kitp said...

Have you been inside the Biblioteca? You can ask to see photographs.

erein said...

Hi Jackie!

We met once briefly at the first team velogirl club meeting. I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy looking at your pictures from your travels, and San Francisco! You make the ordinary bike ride, seem so much fun!

Elizabeth