Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Monday, February 18, 2008

Bowls, Lycra, colorful buns


This morning while eating my oatmeal, Sibyl either tipped a bowl off the table, perched too close to the table's edge, or she pushed it off - either way, it was only a small disaster, breaking the bowl in big pieces and dumping her on the floor. Other than being stunned and having oatmeal in her feathers, she appears to have fared better than the bowl.

It made me a bit late leaving to meet Judy in the Marina for our ride over the bridge to watch the Stage 1 start of the Amgen Tour of California in Sausalito.

We got there in plenty of time, checked our bikes into the free valet parking, found what we hoped would be a good spot near the start - I stood on top of a picnic table - watched the pre-race interviews - and somehow, all those colorful guys on bikes managed to form a mass at the start without my realizing the top of a palm tree would be obstructing my view. Totally.

We moved around until we were in an unobstructed place as they made their circuit around town.

I don't think I'll try to watch another big race from the start. I don't ever have a clue to what is really going on, anyway.

But there sure were a lot of colorful buns around. And we had a great ride over the bridge and back. (It's supposed to rain all week, so I'm very glad we got out today.)

After getting back across the bridge, my legs tired from two days in a row of riding a bit more aggressively than is my wont, and having lunch on Clement St., I went looking for the same beautiful bowl. No luck. I next went to Japantown, but the hardware store with a basement full of bowls was closed for the holiday.

Tomorrow, I will continue my search for the perfect breakfast bowl. Rain or shine.

2 comments:

lauren said...

oh! i love that picture of the two bent over.

velogirl said...

and the matching crocs?