Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just hangin' out

I love that you can track a package on-line; I hate it when you know it's on the UPS truck for delivery, you have plans to go out with a friend for lunch and movie and if it doesn't come in time you have to decide to go or cancel, and you really, really want your package to come, but if history is any guide, it probably won't get to your door until dinnertime.

So. I'm hangin' out, doing my bookkeeping, paying bills, making eye-check and doctor-check appointments, playing with my parrot in between her naps and eating times, planning a road trip to the Delta to see the Sandhill cranes on Friday, listening to jazz on KCSM, making lists of things I need to do and will actually do if I have a list to remind me.

Back to hangin' out. . . .

Sibyl on my shoulder - new camera test outdoors
. . .and it (a replacement point-and-shoot camera) arrived at 1:30 - too late for my date. But now I can sit and read the manual about it's features, especially the wide-angle. It's very tiny, even for small hands, but weighs only 5 oz., versus my old one which is over a pound! This will be so great on bike rides when I don't want to carry the big camera. It doesn't have a view finder, and so I went outside to see if I could work it with only the big LCD - and it's just fine.

No comments: