Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fatigue & flowers

Today was free-day at the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. About 2-3 times a year I try to go and see what's in bloom that might make an interesting photograph, though I find pictures of flowers pretty boring (but they do hold still inside a glass house). It's good practice.

There were more people than flowers today. Next time I get the urge to do flowers I will pay admission. (Really, I thought some folks might get pushed into the lily pond!)

I did do Intervals. I charged up 9th Street, sprinting my heart out, and wouldn't you know, I made all the lights and had to just decide it was time to back off for the Recovery phase (and Oh yes, I was so ready for recovery!). When I figured, yeah, I'll probably live, I did it again.

I didn't die. (At my age this is a crap shoot.) I got very sleepy in class, but my friends said I didn't stink. This is good.

When I left school I had a long, long down hill run back to Potrero Hill, where I have to climb back home; today I did it at a sprint almost the whole way and managed to only stop for two red lights in 5 miles. Tomorrow I will ride the Brompton at a leisurely pace. (Recovery.)

Watch out, Thursday, another Interval day.

Feels really good.

So far.

2 comments:

theysaywordscanbleed said...

nice flower shots.

Anonymous said...

Insane woman......