Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Friday, May 16, 2008

Headin' out


In a short while I'm riding my Cannondale down the coast, with just my sling-back camera bag of bike clothes (including Sunday's Velo Girls' jersey), sans big camera. We're riding the metric Strawberry Fields Forever century on Sunday. Judy will carry the things I'll need at night in her panniers. This is the first time we've ridden somewhere without having a car waiting at the other end, the first time I've ridden the light road bike to tour. DB will drive down to Watsonville on Sunday to pick us up.

It will be hot out there, but better than hot in this cottage. Yesterday was brutal. We had to go downtown to see an optomotrist and it was all we could do to ride back up the hill. I then went out to buy some summer clothes at Ross and spent some quality time in their air conditioning.

1 comment:

velogirl said...

how did it go?