Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Monday, July 28, 2008

The one that got away


I'm pretty sure you can't see the snail crawling off of Hercules' shell, or even Hercules very well - they both blend into the dirt, but if you look close (click to enlarge photo) you can just see a snail going off the top of his back.

I'd arrived back at my house just as my neighbor, Barbara, was exclaiming that she'd never seen a box turtle hunt, catch and eat a snail before. She was delivering snails from her yard, saw him out and about, thought he was a plastic turtle until she saw him attack and eat the snail. Then the one that got away was on his back and, as fast as I was at getting my camera, the snail was even faster.

He nearly got away from us both, but we caught him in the end.

1 comment:

Groover said...

... and they make jokes about the speed of snails, hey? Nice capture.