Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Friday, September 19, 2008

Color!

The day started out with a fall nip in the air and crisp shadows so I hauled my camera on my back all the way up to the top of Twin Peaks. I watched a hawk capture something too large to carry off and I kept on pedaling, I didn't want to know what he was ripping to shreds. When I got to the top with all the tourists I used the toilet kiosk for the first time here in the states, the self-cleaning model borrowed from France, and it was much less intimidating than the one in Paris, probably because I could read all the instructions.

The down hill ride from Twin Peaks was great, as usual. I decided to pop in to the de Young museum to see the Chihuly exhibit before it leaves and had no trouble getting a ticket for the next group entry, about 15 minutes away. They encourage taking photos of the exhibit as long as you don't use a flash, and even have a flickr group to show your pix on. I just took snapshots. Sort of too much of a good thing.

The balls in the photo above are quite large. I can't even imagine how they're made, even after seeing a show on PBS about Chihuly and his work - well, I just saw a few minutes of the show. He has a lot of helpers.

Way too much of a good thing, all in all. Gorgeous, sumptuous and quite a sight and I'm glad I got to see it.


I stopped on Haight for a taco and by the time I left the sky had started to cloud over. I wonder if it will rain on the ride tomorrow.

No comments: