Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturdays

I could have gone riding today after all, it hasn't rained in the city, but I like to hang out around the house, cleaning the turtles' filter and tank, playing fetch (she tosses toys, I fetch) with my parrot, Sibyl, while I listen to the Saturday programs on the radio. My favorite has always been "This American Life" on NPR.

Their first show about how we got into this financial meltdown was The Giant Pool of Money. If you missed it when it was first broadcast (and repeated recently), click the link and give it a listen; you will be amazed. Today was a followup story, Another Frightening Show About the Economy, equally enlightening, but won't be available as a (free) Full Episode or podcast until Monday. It'll be replayed tonight at 10:00 on KQED-FM.

I'm not taking the camera out these days. I'm overdue finding some balance between obsessive immersion in images and other things, like reading, watching DVDs, doing absolutely nothing.

But just to keep my hand in, I'm reprocessing in color some of the images that were used in the black & white project.

1 comment:

Groover said...

Hahaha - "she tosses toys, I fetch". That's so funny. I love the light in the bottom shot. Did it come out well in the b&w version?