Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Obsessive, or just working?

I excuse my obsessive processing of already processed photographs (I'm back in 2007 today) by saying, well, I've learned a lot since I first worked that file - and that's painfully all too true - but, actually, I think I get lost in pushing pixels around in much the same way I can get lost polishing silver, or sweeping a floor. They're all things I can do without much thought.

It's that time of year when I want to stay away from the world for the most part and I don't make many plans, anticipating a nice long time to work at home. Read books. I just started a huge biography on Darwin. Catch up on things.

I'm really stiff when I finally get out of this chair, and a bit stir-crazy. I think I'd better make a plan to get up early tomorrow morning and get on a bicycle and pedal, pedal, pedal. Hmmm. That sounds equally obsessive. Yeah. That's what I'll do.

2 comments:

page132 said...

I always just think of you as a tortoise. This is your time of year to hibernate.

mishiesmom said...

I love the cat.