Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Puzzle Map

Maybe someone or something got in my way back when we learned our states, because no matter how many times I put this puzzle map together, I still wouldn't be able tell you where most of our states lie in relationship to one another. And I've been in a lot, if not all, of them.

Growing up we used to drive back to the midwest to visit relatives every other year - but my father drove from 04:00 until late every night, making the entire round trip in under two weeks, and I mostly hid out on the floor in back, using the hump in the middle for a pillow.

It's about 5:00 here in San Francisco. I'll finish putting this puzzle together and then as the states are called, Red or Blue (you know I'm praying for Blue), I will move that state's piece to the right or the left (oh, please go to the left!).

I had to tape all those tiny east coast states together and can't move them individually - in fact, they're so small they don't have a piece for each, anyway. I think I'll just put them left, to Blue.

Blue. Blue. Blue.

No comments: