Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A very good ride


I slept a bit late so I didn't leave on my ride until 10:00, but I went straight around the waterfront and over the bridge to the Marin Headlands, barely stopping the entire 30-mile door-to-door round trip. I came back over the hill from the back side, not through the tunnel, and I took a different route around the Presidio and Pacific Heights back home. Lots of slow climbing, wee, wee, wee, all the way home.

Everyone shot past me on the hills, both up and down. I liked just poking along, looking at everything I passed. At one point a hawk and I were eye to eye; it's that time of year, I guess, when they migrate over Hawk Hill.

Again, I lugged along the camera and long lens, not sure why. The people looking at the view are more interesting than the view, at least for photographs. But you never know.

I was putting my camera away when a tourist offered to take my picture in front of the bridge, assuming I too was a tourist. I said I lived here and we both laughed. He said, I guess you can climb this hill any time you want. I said, Yes, any time I still can.

1 comment:

Groover said...

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable ride. The weather seems to be kind, still. Not too cold, yet? You made me laugh with your description of the interaction with the tourist. I guess you have many photographs of you and the bridge. :-)