Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beeping ghost in my bedroom?

Leaning tower in Bologna Italy
For over a week I have been awakened between 06:00 and 06:01 by an odd loud beeping - not the alarm - of a clock radio. Nothing I do to the radio will stop it; it finally stops by itself, first escalating the speed of the beeps: beep . . beep . . beep . .beep . beep. beep .beep.beep.beepbeepbeepbeep.

After the first few mornings I unplugged the old radio and bought a new one. That was on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning the new radio did the exact same thing at the exact same time!

I'd go back to sleep each morning and have odd dreams, getting stiff from too long in bed. No wonder I got grumpy.

The little radio over my kitchen sink is also a clock radio and so I tried it in the bedroom the next night. Yep. Beep . . beep . . beep . .beep . beep. beep .beep.beep.beepbeepbeepbeep.

Last night I moved it to the electrical outlet by the bedroom door, thinking it could be the location near my bed, but it got me up again at 06:00 this morning from across the room. This radio has batteries in it for back up and so tonight I will leave it unplugged, see what happens, see if it can beep on battery power alone.

Beep . . beep . . beep . .beep . beep. beep .beep.beep.beepbeepbeepbeep.

And now there's a fourth radio on trial. I had yet another old radio in the basement, not a clock radio. I've plugged it in next to my bed, maybe I'll leave it on all night, just for the company. I wonder if it will, or even can, beep in the morning?

What d'ya think, is Scottie trying to beam me up?

2 comments:

velogirl said...

wow. that's eerie.

page132 said...

go to bed earlier.... ;>)