Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Monday, January 05, 2009

On the mend

A year ago I was on my way to live in Paris for a month. Seems like only a few months ago.

The banged up knee works again, the swelling is mostly gone and, even though the bruising is extensive and very ugly, this too shall pass. It was sunny yesterday morning and I rode my Bike Friday around the waterfront, through the Presidio into Cow Hollow, over Russian Hill to North Beach, and home via the financial district - and it was terrific! Back in the saddle again, tra la, tra la. But the old damaged touring bike has to go to the shop and might need a new front brake.

The furnace man comes in the morning and he will either pull a putrid stinking rat corpse out of a duct, or not. If not I don't know what I can do but wait until it dries up and quits stinking.

I'm sitting in the living room, using my 7-year old laptop. I was hoping to watch Photoshop tutorials with my leg up last week but the wireless PC card wasn't working. I drove to Fry's in Palo Alto today where they replaced the 3-year old card with a new one, just weeks before the Instant Replacement contract ran out. I don't usually buy those contracts, but was glad I did this once. And so, I'm writing this and watching a bit of TV, paying very little attention to either.

1 comment:

chatterbox said...

yeee ouch! I just read about your truck/knee incident. I hope things get back to normal soon. Also, I hope the rat is located and removed.

Happy New Year!