Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back in business

My internet connection disappeared on me yesterday while listening to a podcast. It took all day yesterday and some of today to get my DSL line back. You know the drill: tracing every line, switching and checking every piece of equipment, replacing the modem at great cost, and finally ordering the truck to come out and check the ISP's line....and after umpteen calls, it was indeed their line that failed. I took the modem back for a refund, so all I lost was time, lots of time, and aggravation.

I can still process old images, like this Darth Vader-like sculpture in front of St. Germain des Pres, but to research the keywords to put it up for sale (as if someone in cyber-world will buy my work) I need the internet. It took some doing, but I found the sculptor, Ossip Zadkine, a Russian living and working in Paris until he died in 1965, and the name, 'Promethee,' 1955/1956.

1 comment: