Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Monday, March 23, 2009

Chasing tulips

I got there too late this morning for the right light and was again disappointed by the display this year - though if you like yellow, this is your year. There's a window of sun that comes between the large cypress trees, and I missed it.

It was good to turn the pedals on a bike again today. Yesterday, Diane and I drove all the way to the far south bay for the Velo Girls' ride, hoping for a break in the weather. It was raining when we got there, but worse was the intense spring winds, and so we turned around and headed back home. And, wouldn't you know, as soon as we gave up the sun came out for the rest of the day. We got to see the beautiful green hills at 70 mph instead of fifteen. (More like 5 mph headed into the wind on a bike for me!)

I hope they plant red bulbs next year. I really want to replace the too-low resolution JPG files from two years ago. I loved the red tulips and yellow Icelandic poppies that year.


No comments: