Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Foolproof?

There he is, my snapping turtle helper. Snapper had lived on my dashboard for ten or more years, but my new Honda Fit has such a deep dashboard that I couldn't reach him from behind the wheel, and so I got a new turtle to live there and this guy lives on the passenger seat next to me. Whenever I have my lights on during the day, or when I'm about to run out of gas, I put him in my lap. As yesterday proved, that was not an infallible reminder, not sufficiently idiot-proof for this idiot, and I thought I'd have to stick him in my waistband from now on when I need the reminder. But he fits right into my purse perfectly.

Oh, by the way, I had to pay $20 for a non-electronic door key (it's $75 for the electronic key) to put in my wallet because I can't tell you how many times I have locked my keys in a car by pushing down that door-lock button and slamming the door shut, just as I'm thinking, Ummm, do I have my keys? On my last car I was able to duct tape a plastic AAA door key to the back of my license plate, but on my new car I can't get my hand behind the plates. It is imperative that I keep my purse around my body at all times, bandolier-style, so I don't lock the keys in the ignition in a running car, leaving my purse on the seat---with the extra key in it---as I shut and accidentally lock the door.

Snapper likes it in my purse. I can tell.

2 comments:

velogirl said...

i love you

Jessica Martiele said...

I just stumbled onto your blog, but I'm thoroughly entertained. Thank you. :)