Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Death of a mouse and other non-news

Well damn, my wireless mouse just quit. I put in some freshly charged rechargeable batteries and it's still dead. How rude.

And just before that I went into the kitchen to make dinner and saw that it was time for the news on TV, and I again missed my little black & white set that no longer worked after the digital changeover. I gave it back to the Goodwill where I got it for zip many years ago. I guess I got my money's worth.

This cottage has high ceilings and sound doesn't reach from one room to the next and so I can't hear the TV from the living room while I cook. I live in only 450 square feet, cut up into four rooms, and I have to have a radio in every room so I can follow a story as I move around the house.

I never eat in the living room. In fact, I nearly always read while I eat and the TV is on just in case there's something important I should know that I don't already know, listening to the radio.

Grumble, grumble.

Other than that, life is good. I've been out riding one bike or another most days this week, and, today, I drove down to Burlingame for the First Sunday Velo Girls ride. Only two women showed up on this holiday weekend. In fact, there was strong evidence that a lot of people had left the area, which is weird since we live in paradise already. They were both strong riders and good company so we made short work of the route to Woodside and back.

After lunch and a shower I took my mystery book and plopped down on the couch to finish it. Sort of napped a little. Started catching up on the blogs I follow. Jill is somewhere on a mountain bike by herself, riding 2,700 miles in a race from Canada to Mexico along the Great Divide. And Pioneer Woman can eat up hours, exploring her posts. And on and on. Good stuff. Much better than trying to follow tweets and FBs. Substance.

And then my mouse died.

P.S. - Monday morning, I reinserted the batteries a few more times, wiggled them around a bit, and it lives!

No comments: