Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hits and misses


I just missed getting this shot of Sibyl stretching. I was experimenting with spot exposure in low light (amazing that at 1/15 sec. there's no motion!) from about a foot away from her (I like to remain in my easy chair as long as I can while working).

Earlier, I taped a piece of plastic over my right eye so I could take a shower and wash my hair without getting water in my dressing. It worked, a big hit. Wednesday I had a tiny basal cell lesion removed from my lower eyelid, with a graft of skin harvested from behind that ear. The ear can get wet, but not the graft. My black eye is already gone.

School is over until January and I've started an intense program to finally learn how to use Photoshop. I've been limited to trial and error for the last two years, knowing there was much to learn. But I sure do get tired of sitting in this chair all day.

I haven't ridden since Wednesday, mainly because I knew I'd have to wash my hair and hadn't worked out a way to do it until today. It was really nice outside, too. If it's still sunny tomorrow, I'm outta here.

No comments: