Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Synaptic slippage

Today I took one of my Photoshop texts into the other room, sat down in my easy chair, opened it up and started to read about Layers.

Alpha channels: An alpha channel is effectively the same thing as a mask channel and if you choose Select - Save Selection, you can save any selection as a new alpha channel; these are stored by default in numerical sequence below the main color channels. Just like normal color channels, an alpha channel can contain up to 256 shades of gray in 8-bits per channel mode or up to 32,000 shades of gray in 16-bits per channel mode.

Most of it is worse than that, think IRS instructions. Horrors! Surely, this is easier done than said. I was seriously dizzy within about three pages of this. Vertigo. I had to stop and go do some retail therapy at Ross and Safeway. Bought new jeans and lots of comfort food.

And then I reworked this old image from a bike ride down the coast with Judy several years ago. I like this giant artichoke in Castroville, another example of a good pop culture sign.

No comments: