Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Looking for sunflowers

When the fog backed off a bit yesterday morning I drove across the hill to the Community Garden, hoping for sunflowers in bloom. There are only three planted and none are anywhere near flowering. I've made a note to go back in two weeks.

I could see the pink triangle way over on Twin Peaks, but I didn't have my long lens and decided to focus on the yellow roses instead.

After lunch I got back on my old Miyata to ride downtown to look at a couple of shows, one at the SF Camerawork gallery, the other at The Luggage Store on Market.

I took this a couple of weeks ago when Kit and I went to see the Birth of Impressionism show at the de Young. Now I have the fifer in the window from both sides.

In between these excursions I'm still poking away at my pictures from Holland and Belgium, still disappointed with most of them.

No comments: