Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Not quite here yet

It has been three days since I stepped off the plane from Amsterdam and by now I've had plenty of sleep, though often at all the wrong hours. I've taken the time to download and recover all my image files, and nothing stands out. Lots of snapshots that don't quite work for one reason or another, but at least I'll have reminders of the trip. This one is typical of the beauty of the places we went, especially when the sun was shining and the skies were blue, and of the way everyone rides a bicycle in Holland (often carrying two babies, one in front and one in back). And what looks like a very skinny building actually slants off to the side and is quite deep. This canal house is in Enkhuizen, North Holland.

The turtle problem is more serious than I thought: neither can swallow their food. They will both grab it from the basking rock, but once in the water it's dropped and not eaten (pond turtles can only swallow under water). I'm waiting to talk to Diego, maybe he can shed some light on what is wrong; if not, it's to the vet next week.

No comments: