Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rabbit Ear Blues

I knew I would probably have to break down and get some sort of cable service, but I've put it off for years and years. Last year I grudgingly got the analog to digital converter and better rabbit ears for my old hand-me-down T.V., but it was time to finally get a new flat screen. After much research I bought this 32" Samsung from CostCo today, using Jill's membership.

But using her card meant they would only take cash, and that meant making a trip to my bank. And so that's what we did.

Once back home, we set it up in minutes . . . and only saw a lot of snow, and a message about either a missing connection or a weak signal. I tried punching in channel numbers and the only thing to pop up was Channel 7-1, -2 and -3. My DVD player works fine, but my stereo isn't being recognized.

Now I have to decide which cable company to be fleeced by, and get something better than a typewriter stand to put it on.

So far, I've watched Oprah for the first time ever and endless newscasts, amazed at how some folks look like overly made up plastic action figures (think Schwarzenegger) and others look perfectly normal.

It does hide the rabbit ears---it's too skinny to set them on top.

No comments: