Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday: Fort Mason & beyond

It was still cool when I rode over to Fort Mason for the annual Friends of the Library Book Sale yesterday. I only bought a now defunct photography magazine, photo metro, which was published locally and was of unexpectedly high quality. Sorry, but not surprised, that it failed.

From there I rode in the heat over the hill from the Presidio into Golden Gate Park to check out the Tour de Fat. It's the first time I've been there when the sun was shining. There were hundreds of bikes in the valet parking lot, but I didn't stay.

And for a real treat, last night I went with my old friend Ron to Yoshi's on Fillmore for dinner and McCoy Tyner. Ron is on his way to Paris with his new S&S-coupled Surly, and since we'd been to the early set, we sat over maps talking about Paris and bike packing strategies afterward.

It's still cool in my house this morning, but it's expected to be in the 80's again today. I'll still go out exploring the city by bike and then to Kaethe's for a visit. Better get going.

No comments: