Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hats on parade

With a double bill of a Columbus Day Parade and Fleet Week, North Beach was really jumpin' on Sunday. I took my Bike Friday, my big camera and a long lens to see what I would see. Because one can't easily change lenses in a crowd, I settled on the long lens for the parade. I stood at the corner of Stockton and Filbert, or the northeast corner of Washington Square, with the parade coming at me from out of the sun - less than ideal.

Looking through my images later, I was struck by the hats and caps and crowns. Here's a sampling:

 Christopher Columbus landing in North Beach.

I guess there would have been Italian cowboys (love the Stetson).

And then there were the crowns.


Many streets were turned into outdoor cafes.  Italians in this town sure know how to party.

No comments: