Jackie Link's Blog

- A blog for no good reason

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A break


I'm looking at about 8 weeks of time before the Winter Session starts at school.  I'm trying to decide which classes to sign up for, with a choice of wide-ranging subjects like Cities, Corporations, Famous Trials, Short Stories and Film Noir - and a whole lot more. These are all lecture courses, with nothing required of me but some reading and my attendance.

I wish there was a class in printing with my new printer, but being self-taught keeps my gray matter exercised.


For a long time I'd been thinking about printing my photographs and recently took advantage of generous rebates to finally buy a good, pro-level printer.  After hours of research and reading reviews, I went with the Canon instead of the more widely used Epson.  I will probably regret it, but it's done.  I spent some time learning the software and trying different methods, and after only four color prints of the Cliff House flowers, above, it began to jam.  Grrrrrr!  Apparently, the damp weather gave the paper a slight curl, enough to be a problem.  I can work with that, now that I know about it.  Already, I like the results better than what the photo lab had made with this, my very first B&W print.  Richer blacks.

Now I have to take some new pictures to work on.  What fun!

No comments: